Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Approve the use of a Dynamic Purchasing System to commission £13.4 million of Supported Accommodation provision for young people in Surrey from April 2018 to March 2022.
It was agreed that:
1. Cabinet approves the use of a Dynamic Purchasing System to commission and award contracts for up to £13.4 million of Supported Accommodation provision for young people in Surrey from April 2018 to March 2022.
2. The providers as listed in the Part 2 Annex of the submitted report are awarded a place on the new DPS as they have passed the Invitation to Tender (ITT) evaluation process, whilst recognising that further organisations will be able to apply throughout the duration of the DPS.
Reasons for Decisions
A Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) under the Light Touch Regime has been selected as the most appropriate route to market because:
· It enables robust control of the quality and cost of supported accommodation services for young people;
· It provides flexibility: this approach attracts a larger range of suppliers and allows providers to enter / exit from the list without having to re-open frameworks, which can be legally challenging and bureaucratic;
· It is responsive. It will enable us to ensure that the service providers who can meet the emergent needs of young people, especially those who are experiencing the greatest challenges, are able to join the list throughout the length of the commission;
· It demonstrates that we have listened to feedback and suggestions from the market and colleagues following the last tender process which was considered to be overly complicated. The approach was also too restrictive and led to spot purchasing with organisations that were not on the Framework as it was considered that only they were able to meet the needs of vulnerable young people.
[The decisions on this item are subject to call in by the Children and Education Select Committee]
Report author: Frank Offer
Publication date: 31/01/2018
Date of decision: 30/01/2018
Decided at meeting: 30/01/2018 - Cabinet
Effective from: 08/02/2018