Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That the Council’s overall revenue and capital budget positions as at 30 September 2018 be noted.
2. That the changes to the structure of the Children, Families & Learning directorate be noted.
3. That Farnham Road rail bridge be added to the capital programme.
4. That the £1.8m capital virements to transfer funds to Local Enterprise Partnerships budgets (paragraph 68) be approved.
5. That the Leader writes a letter to the Secretary of State for Education, Damian Hinds, setting out how unhappy the Council was with having to hand over public assets to academies as well as any excess funds. On top of this the Council retained the deficits for those forced into conversion and the question as to why this should continue would be put. A copy of this letter would also be sent to Lord Porter of the Local Government Association.
Reason for Decision:
This report is presented to comply with the agreed policy of providing a monthly budget monitoring report to Cabinet for approval and action as necessary.
[The decisions on this item can be called in by the Corporate Overview Select Committee]
Publication date: 28/11/2018
Date of decision: 27/11/2018
Decided at meeting: 27/11/2018 - Cabinet
Effective from: 06/12/2018