Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That Cabinet noted the Council’s overall revenue and capital budget positions as at 30 November 2018:
· £14.5m forecast underspend against the 2018/19 budget;
· £6.7m forecast total draw down reserves;
· £2.8m additional revenue funding in 2018/19 from the Department for Education to provide support for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) (Annex 1, paragraph 1), and
· £132m forecast service capital programme outturn against £134m budget.
2. That the contribution to a new SEND Reserve an amount matching the overspending on the Dedicated Schools Grant High Needs Block was approved.
Reasons for decisions
This report was presented to comply with the agreed policy of providing a monthly budget monitoring report to Cabinet for approval and action as necessary.
[The decisions on this item can be called in by the Corporate Overview Select Committee]
Publication date: 30/01/2019
Date of decision: 29/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 29/01/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 07/02/2019