Agenda and decisions

Leader Decisions
Monday, 9 July 2018 11.00 am

Venue: Committee Room C, County Hall, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DN. View directions

Contact: Emma O'Donnell  0208 541 8987

Items
No. Item

1.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

    All Members present are required to declare, at this point in the meeting or as soon as possible thereafter

          i.        Any disclosable pecuniary interests and / or

         ii.        Other interests arising under the Code of Conduct in respect of any item(s) of business being considered at this meeting

     

    NOTES:

    ·         Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest

    ·         As well as an interest of the Member, this includes any interest, of which the Member is aware, that relates to the Member’s spouse or civil partner (or any person with whom the Member is living as a spouse or civil partner)

    ·         Members with a significant personal interest may participate in the discussion and vote on that matter unless that interest could be reasonably regarded as prejudicial.

2.

PROCEDURAL MATTERS

2a

Members' Questions

2b

Public Questions

    The deadline for public questions is seven days before the meeting (Monday 2 July 2018).

     

    Decision:

    There were six questions received from members of the public.  As these all related to item 5, Proposed Closure of Ripley CofE School, the Leader took these questions as part of item 5.  The questions and responses are annexed to this decision sheet.

2c

Petitions

3.

PROPOSED CLOSURE OF RIPLEY CofE PRIMARY SCHOOL pdf icon PDF 248 KB

    The Leader of the Council is asked to review the rationale for the proposal and the summary of the representations provided within this report to determine whether to approve the proposed closure of Ripley CofE Primary School with effect from 31 August 2018.

     

    Additional documents:

    Decision:

    The Leader of the Council did not take this decision as a new option was proposed at the meeting that had not been covered in the report.

     

    A new meeting has been scheduled for 11:00am on Tuesday 17 July 2018, in order to explore the viability of the proposal of a collaboration with Shere CofE Infant School.