Venue: Members' Conference Room, County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 2DN
Contact: Ben Cullimore 020 8213 2782
Declarations of Interest
All Members present are required to declare, at this point in the meeting or as soon as possible thereafter:
i. Any disclosable pecuniary interests and / or
ii. Other interests arising under the Code of Conduct in respect of any item(s) of business being considered at this meeting
· Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest.
· As well as an interest of the Member, this includes any interest, of which the Member is aware, that relates to the Member’s spouse or civil partner (or any person with whom the Member is living as a spouse or civil partner).
· Members with a significant personal interest may participate in the discussion and vote on that matter unless that interest could be reasonably regarded as prejudicial.
The deadline for Members’ questions is 12pm four working days before the meeting (Wednesday 28 August 2019).
The deadline for public questions is seven days before the meeting (Tuesday 27 August 2019).
The deadline for petitions was 14 days before the meeting and none have been received.
The Council requires that its scheme of delegation (the ‘scheme’) is regularly reviewed and updated to ensure it can carry on its business efficiently and lawfully. The Council is also required to set a financial threshold for ‘key decisions’. Various updates are being proposed in this report.
The following recommendations were agreed:
1. The updated Legal Services Scheme of Delegation in Annex 1 was approved.
2. A further delegation was given to the Cabinet Member for All-Age Learning to approve the following policies and any subsequent changes to these:
a. Home to School Transport Policy 4-16 year olds 2019/20
b. Home to School/College Transport Policy for Surrey students of sixth form age – 2019/20
3. The delegation for taking decisions at the Shareholder and Investments Panel was expanded to the Executive Director of Resources as per Annex 2.
4. The Council’s financial ‘key decisions’ threshold was increased to £1,000,000 and the new capital programme delegations outlined in Annex 3 were approved.
5. The updated Children, Families, Lifelong Learning and Culture Scheme of Delegation in Annex 4 was approved.
6. The Director of Law and Governance was authorised to make the necessary changes to the Council’s Scheme of Delegation and the Constitution will be updated accordingly.