Venue: County Hall, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DN
Contact: Vicky Hibbert
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND SUBSTITUTIONS
There were none.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests from Members in respect of any item to be considered at the meeting.
· In line with the Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012, declarations may relate to the interest of the member, or the member’s spouse or civil partner, or a person with whom the member is living as husband or wife, or a person with whom the member is living as if they were civil partners and the member is aware they have the interest.
· Members need only disclose interests not currently listed on the Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests.
· Members must notify the Monitoring Officer of any interests disclosed at the meeting so they may be added to the Register.
· Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest.
There were none.
EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC
Recommendation: That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information under paragraph 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
PART TWO – IN PRIVATE
RESOLVED: That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information under paragraph 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
Senior Appointment of a Director of Corporate Finance and a Director of Financial Insights
The People, Performance and Development is asked to proceed with interviewing for the post of Director of Corporate Finance and Director of Financial Insights.
The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Committee. The Committee will then discuss and, if appropriate appoint to the role of Director of Corporate Finance and Director of Financial Insights. This recommendation is subject to the notification of every Member of the Cabinet of the proposed appointment and their right of objection specified in the notification.
Declarations of Interest:
Leigh Whitehouse – Executive Director of Finance
Jo Donoghue – Strategic Business Partner
Vickie Neal – Democratic Services Assistant
Key points raised during the discussion:
1. The Appointments Sub-Committee conducted final interviews for the roles of Director of Financial Insights and Director of Corporate Finance at Surrey County Council. During the interviews, the candidates responded to a number of set questions asked by the Committee.
2. Following an in depth discussion on the performance of the candidates the Committee agreed that Rachel Wigley displayed the skills and experience necessary to be Director of Financial Insights, and that Anna D’Alessandro displayed the skills and experience necessary to be Director of Corporate Finance at Surrey County Council.
Actions/further information to be provided:
The Appointments Sub-Committee agreed to appoint Rachel Wigley to the position of Director of Financial Insights.
The Appointments Sub-Committee agreed to appoint Anna D’Alessandro to the position of Director of Corporate Finance.
PUBLICITY FOR PART TWO ITEMS
To consider whether the item considered under Part 2 of the agenda should be made available to the Press and public.
It was agreed that the information in relation to Part 2 items discussed at the meeting would remain exempt.