Venue: County Hall, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DN
Contact: Vickie Neal
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND SUBSTITUTIONS
There were none.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests from Members in respect of any item to be considered at the meeting.
· In line with the Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012, declarations may relate to the interest of the member, or the member’s spouse or civil partner, or a person with whom the member is living as husband or wife, or a person with whom the member is living as if they were civil partners and the member is aware they have the interest.
· Members need only disclose interests not currently listed on the Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests.
· Members must notify the Monitoring Officer of any interests disclosed at the meeting so they may be added to the Register.
· Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest.
There were none.
EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC
Recommendation: That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information under paragraph 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
PART TWO – IN PRIVATE
RESOLVED: That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972,
the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on
the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information under
the relevant paragraphs of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
APPOINTMENT OF DIRECTOR OF LAW AND GOVERNANCE
The People, Performance and Development is asked to proceed with interviewing for the post of Director of Law and Governance.
The shortlisted candidate will be interviewed by the Committee. The Committee will then discuss and, if appropriate, appoint to the role of Director of Law and Governance. This recommendation is subject to the notification of every Member of the Cabinet of the proposed appointment and their right of objection specified in the notification.
Declarations of Interest:
Jackie Foglietta – Director of HR&OD
Leigh Whitehouse – Executive Director for Resources
Vickie Neal – Democratic Services Assistant
Key points raised in the discussion:
1. The Appointments Sub-Committee conducted final interviews for the role of Director of Law and Governance (Monitoring Officer) at Surrey County Council. During the interview, the candidate responded to a number set questions asked by the Committee.
2. Following an in depth discussion on the performance of the candidate, the Committee selected Paul Evans as the person it is recommending that the County Council appoints to the role of Director of Law and Governance (Monitoring Officer).
Actions/ further information to be provided:
1. A full report will be presented to Full Council on 9 July 2019 for appointment of Director of Law and Governance (Monitoring Officer)
The Appointments Sub-Committee agreed to recommend Paul Evans to Full Council on 9 July 2019 as a suitable appointment to the role of Director of Law and Governance (Monitoring Officer).
PUBLICITY FOR PART TWO ITEMS
To consider whether the item considered under Part 2 of the agenda should be made available to the Press and public.
It was agreed that the information in relation to the Part 2 items discussed at the meeting would remain exempt.