Venue: Members' Conference Room, County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 2DN
Contact: Ben Cullimore 020 8213 2782
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
All Members present are required to declare, at this point in the meeting or as soon as possible thereafter:
i. Any disclosable pecuniary interests and / or
ii. Other interests arising under the Code of Conduct in respect of any item(s) of business being considered at this meeting
· Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest
· As well as an interest of the Member, this includes any interest, of which the Member is aware, that relates to the Member’s spouse or civil partner (or any person with whom the Member is living as a spouse or civil partner)
· Members with a significant personal interest may participate in the discussion and vote on that matter unless that interest could be reasonably regarded as prejudicial.
The deadline for Members’ questions is 12pm four working days before the meeting (30 April 2019).
The deadline for public questions is seven days before the meeting (30 April 2019).
The deadline for petitions was 14 days before the meeting, and no petitions have been received.
The purpose of this paper is to seek approval for the Full Business Case to improve air quality on the A331 Blackwater Valley Relief Road (BVRR), thereby complying with a Ministerial Direction served on Surrey County Council on 19 March 2019.
The Secretary of State for the Environment requires a Full Business Case to be submitted by 17 May 2019. The recommendations will help to ensure that the Council complies with the Ministerial Decision, and that the implementation of the preferred option, as approved by the Secretary of State in response to the Outline Business Case, can be implemented as proposed and as soon as possible.
The following recommendations were agreed:
1. The Full Business Case (FBC) was endorsed so that a speed limit reduction from 70mph to 50mph can be imposed on the relevant section of the A331 BVRR, as set out in the FBC.
2. The Executive Director for Community Protection, Transport and Environment, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Environment and Waste, be authorised to:
a. Make any minor amendments to the FBC as required.
b. Submit the FBC to the Secretary of State by sending it to the Joint Air Quality Unit (JAQU) at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) by 17 May 2019.