Use the search options at the bottom of the page to find information regarding recent decisions that have been taken by the council’s decision making bodies.
Forthcoming decisions to be taken by the Cabinet and Cabinet Members for the next 28 days and beyond can be found in the Notice of Decisions.
Following a compliant Direct Award Procedure in line with the requirements of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 one contractor shall be appointed to deliver the above-named contract.
Decision Maker: Executive Director Environment, Transport & Infrastructure
Decision published: 31/05/2023
Effective from: 18/05/2023
It was AGREED that:
Approval to procure a Contract for Surrey County Council English National Concessionary Travel Scheme was granted as part of the Annual Procurement Forward Plan by Cabinet on 21st December 2021 Min ref: 243/21 – Authority was delegated to the Executive Director of Environment, Transport & Infrastructure.
Lead officer: Anna Kwiatkowska
The Home Office are seeking views on the Firefighters’ Pensions (Amendment) Regulations 2023. The consultation document sets out the background to the changes needed to enact the second phase of the remedy in the McCloud/Sargeant cases.
A response will be submitted by Surrey Fire and Rescue Service.
Decision Maker: Chief Fire Officer
Decision published: 23/05/2023
Effective from: 22/05/2023
To submit Surrey Fire and Rescue Service’s response to the government’s consultation on the Firefighters’ Pension Scheme retrospective remedy.
Decision Maker: Surrey Pension Fund Committee
Made at meeting: 10/03/2023 - Surrey Pension Fund Committee
Decision published: 17/05/2023
Effective from: 10/03/2023
Lloyd Whitworth, Head of Investment & Stewardship
Anthony Fletcher – Independent Advisor, MJ Hudson
Milo Kerr – Border to Coast
Key points raised during the discussion:
1. The Head of Investment & Stewardship explained that the fund had 10.8% in the multi asset credit fund of Border to Coast and 2.4% in gilts at the current time, both underweight target asset allocations. Therefore, a recommendation was being made that those weightings and the nature of the investments should be reviewed.
2. The Independent Advisor gave a detailed precis of the submitted report which included:-
3. BCPP responded to the comments made:-
Actions/ further information to be provided:
1. That the Fund’s credit market holdings, respective funds’ investment performance, and review by the Fund’s independent investment adviser be noted.
2. That officers, investment consultant and investment advisor be approved to review the Fund’s weighting to credit markets and the nature of those investments.
The Committee took a comfort break at 14.25pm and reconvened at 14.35pm.
George Potter returned to the table.