Work in the Blackwater Valley is co-ordinated by the Blackwater Valley Countryside Partnership on behalf of the local authorities that border the Valley.
The general aims for the Valley are as follows:
· Maintenance of the Valley as an open gap with enhanced landscape
· Wildlife conservation
· Improved quality of the River Blackwater
· Recreation and access as the major use of the Valley
· Co-ordination of recreation and conservation initiatives
· Use of the Valley for sustainable transport links