Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet is asked to note the work that has been done reviewing and implementing the new Code of Practice for Well Managed Highway Infrastructure and approve the steps being taken to ensure a risk based approach is being taken for all Highway activities.
Cabinet is also asked to approve new and revised policies that have been updated following the review:
Cabinet is asked to approve delegation to Lead Member for Place to approve future changes to these policies
Cabinet is advised of the updated Highway Asset Strategy
1. That the following policies and strategy be approved:
a) the Capital Scheme Prioritisation Policy.
b) the Skid Resistance Policy.
c) the Hierarchy Definition Policy.
d) the Highway Safety Inspection Policy.
e) the revised Highway Asset Management Strategy
2. That delegated authority be given to the Cabinet Member for Highways to review and update Policies as set out in a) to e) in response to changes in legislation, guidance or practice in the future.
Reason for decision:
To ensure that these policy documents were updated to accurately and clearly explain to elected Members and the public how Surrey County Council Highways:
· Prioritises its capital highway works,
· Monitors and reviews skid resistance of the highway
· Defines its network hierarchy
· Undertakes Highway Safety Inspections, and
· Manages its Highway Assets with consideration to risk and value for money.
[The decisions on this item can be called in by the Highways & Growth Select Committee]
Report author: Lucy Monie
Publication date: 19/12/2018
Date of decision: 18/12/2018
Decided at meeting: 18/12/2018 - Cabinet