Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet is asked to approve the use of a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) to commission Early Help and emotional wellbeing provision for children, young people and families from January 2020.
The Cabinet is also asked to delegate the approval of individual contract awards to the Executive Director of Children Families and Learning.
1. That the use of a Dynamic Purchasing System to commission Early Help and emotional wellbeing provision for children, young people and families from January 2020 be approved.
2. That the providers as listed in the Part 2 Annex of this report be awarded a place on the new DPS as they have passed the Invitation to Tender (ITT) evaluation process, whilst recognising that other organisations will be able to apply throughout the duration of the DPS.
3. That authority be delegated for the approval of individual contract awards to the Executive Director of Children, Families, Life Long Learning and Culture.
Reason for Decision:
A Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) under the Light Touch Regime has been selected as the most appropriate route to market because:
· It enables robust control of the quality of Early Help provision for children, young people and families;
· It provides flexibility to meet the needs of the whole family regardless of the age of the children. This approach also helps to attract a wider range of suppliers and allows providers to enter / exit from the list without having to re-open frameworks, which can be legally challenging and bureaucratic;
· It is responsive. It will enable us to ensure that the service providers who can meet the emergent needs of children, young people, and families are able to join the list throughout the length of the commission.
[The decisions on this item can be called in by the Children, Families, Lifelong Learning & Culture Select Committee]
Report author: Nikki Parkhill
Publication date: 25/06/2019
Date of decision: 25/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 25/06/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 03/07/2019