Decision Maker: Cabinet, Director of Infrastructure & Delivery, Executive Director Environment, Transport & Infrastructure
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That approval to Procure for the projects listed in Annex 1 of the submitted report – “Annual Procurement Forward Plan for 2020/21” in accordance with the Council’s Procurement and Contract Standing Orders was agreed.
2. That where the first ranked tender for any projects listed in Annex 1 of the submitted report is within the +/-5% budgetary tolerance level, the relevant Executive Director, Director or Head of Service (as appropriate) is authorised to award such contracts was agreed.
3. That the procurement activity that will be returned to Cabinet for review of the commissioning and procurement strategy prior to going out to market, and which is highlighted in grey in Annex 1 of the submitted report was agreed.
Reasons for decision:
· To comply with the Procurement and Contract Standing Orders agreed by Council in May 2019.
· To provide Cabinet with strategic oversight of planned procurement projects for 2020/21.
· To ensure Cabinet oversight is focussed on the most significant procurements.
· To avoid the need to submit multiple individual requests for Approval to Procure as well as individual contract award approvals for work taking place in 2020/21.
[The decisions on this item can be called in by the Resources and Performance Select Committee]
Report author: Anna Kwiatkowska
Publication date: 18/12/2019
Date of decision: 17/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 17/12/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 31/12/2019