Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That the latest public health situation with regard to COVID-19 and Surrey’s response and acknowledge the impact on Surrey’s residents and the Council be noted.
2. That the changes to Local Authority powers and duties introduced by the Coronavirus Act be noted and that authority be delegated to the relevant Executive Director in consultation with the relevant Cabinet member to amend service provision in accordance with the Council’s statutory duties as these may be varied by the Act, regulations and guidance made thereunder be noted.
3. That the initial assessment of the impact on Surrey County Council’s short and medium-term financial position be noted.
4. That the development of a COVID-19 package of support for key suppliers and service providers and the Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector in Surrey, delegating authority to the Executive Director of Resources and Executive Director of Transformation, Prosperity and Partnerships in consultation with the Leader to determine the detail of the scheme was approved.
5. That the reprioritisation of services and transformation programmes due to the impact of COVID-19, acknowledging it is a fast-changing situation that will require regular review of priorities be agreed.
6. That the establishment of economic stimulus measures for businesses to support their survival and recovery from COVID-19, delegating authority to the Executive Director of Resources and Executive Director of Transformation, Prosperity and Partnerships in consultation with the Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Financeto determine the detail of the scheme be agreed.
COVID 19 - URGENT DECISIONS TAKEN BY OFFICERS (item 7b)
That the four decisions taken by officers as set out in annexes to the submitted report be noted.
Reason for decision:
We are facing unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 emergency and therefore need to supplement our established goals and ambitions for Surrey and its communities, as outlined in the Community Vision 2030, with very clear immediate priority objectives, to: delay the spread of the virus in Surrey and save lives, protect our most vulnerable residents and communities and support colleagues in health to ensure that we reduce pressure on the health system.
These will guide our decisions, both at a strategic level as we regularly re-prioritise services and redirect our staff and resources, and at an individual level as we make important choices day-by-day. The recommendations set out in this report will enable us to do this and provide the best services and support to our communities through the emergency and recovery phases.
[This decision is subject to call-in by the relevant Select Committee Chairman dependent on the recommendation.]
Publication date: 01/04/2020
Date of decision: 31/03/2020
Decided at meeting: 31/03/2020 - Cabinet