Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This will be a standing item, until further notice, to cover any approvals needed to adopt relevant pieces of new guidance, legislation, etc. that has come through from Government in response to the Covid 19 pandemic.. It will also include the need to adopt temporary revisions to the Council’s policies, procedures and practices.
1. That the latest public health situation nationally and in Surrey with regard to COVID-19 and the latest information regarding the government’s Test and Trace programme be noted.
2. That the financial support being provided to social care providers and Care Homes be noted.
3. That the support being provided to local businesses through a range of grants, guidance and signposting be noted.
4. That the activity underway across the county to restore and restart services, activities and the economy, as national lockdown measures were eased be noted.
5. That a contribution of £200,000 to the Community Foundation Surrey Coronavirus Support Fund was approved to provide additional financial support to the Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector, match-funded where possible.
Reason for decision:
The county and council continue to face unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 crisis. In addition to response activity, attention is turning to the re-starting, restoration and recovery of services and day-to-day life, as lockdown measures are eased nationally.
The recommendations set out in this report ensure Cabinet are appraised of the work going on across the council to protect, sustain and support our residents and communities and the economy of Surrey.
[Where necessary a waiver for call-in will be sought from the relevant Select Committee Chairman.]
Report author: Michael Coughlin
Publication date: 24/06/2020
Date of decision: 23/06/2020
Decided at meeting: 23/06/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 02/07/2020