Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To award the Managed print contract (MPS) to Canon UK Ltd.
The contract covers all council’s printing requirements from multifunction devices to provide the following services:
- Follow You Printing/Pull Printing and Push Printing.
- Mobile Printing / Public Wi-Fi/Cloud Printing.
- Printer driver to default to Mono with Duplex
- Capability to process large print jobs such as full-page colour.
- Duplex printing/Copying/Public Copying/ Scanning
- Finishing (stapling, hole punching, booklet making and collating).
- Libraries and Registrars printing devices.
And any other related print requirements required by the business.
This contract will be managed by the Land and Property team, working with the contractor, ensures best value for money is delivered across the life of the contract.
Recommended supplier name: Canon UK Ltd
Reasons for selection: Most economically advantageous tender
It was AGREED that:
Contract is awarded to Canon UK Ltd for £2.52m.
Contract duration: 1st April 2022 till 31st March 2027 (5 years with 2 extension options of 1 year each)
Most economically advantageous tender
Alternative options were considered as an options appraisal which is detailed in the procurement report.
Publication date: 18/11/2021
Date of decision: 18/11/2021