Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That the introduction of a new subsidiary fund, ‘Your Fund Surrey – Small Community Projects’ be approved.
2. That the process, criteria and framework for Your Fund Surrey – Small Community Projects be agreed.
3. That Your Fund Surrey (YFS) be renamed as Your Fund Surrey – Large Community Projects to enable residents to differentiate between the funds.
Reasons for decision:
The proposed improvements to the Fund build on the learning of running YFS over the past two years. Since the Fund was launched, the financial climate has changed which has shifted the focus of the fund away from the initial “think big” branding.
The objectives of allocating a portion of YFS funding for smaller-scale projects are to:
· Support smaller capital projects which might otherwise not have met the YFS criteria due to size or lack of wider community benefits
· Make the process quicker, easier and more accessible for smaller community organisations
· Ensure every Division benefits from YFS funding
· Utilise the local knowledge of Divisional members to identify the needs within their communities and direct their support
(The decisions on this item can be called-in by the Communities, Environment and Highways Select Committee)
Publication date: 20/12/2022
Date of decision: 20/12/2022
Decided at meeting: 20/12/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/12/2022