Venue: Woodhatch, 11 Cockshot Hill, Reigate
Contact: Angela Guest, Email: email@example.com
Declarations of Interest
All Members present are required to declare, at this point in the meeting or as soon as possible thereafter:
i. Any disclosable pecuniary interests and / or
ii. Other interests arising under the Code of Conduct in respect of any item(s) of business being considered at this meeting
· Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest.
· As well as an interest of the Member, this includes any interest, of which the Member is aware, that relates to the Member’s spouse or civil partner (or any person with whom the Member is living as a spouse or civil partner).
· Members with a significant personal interest may participate in the discussion and vote on that matter unless that interest could be reasonably regarded as prejudicial.
The deadline for Members’ questions is 12pm four working days before the meeting (21/09/2022).
The deadline for public questions is seven days before the meeting (20/09/2022).
The deadline for petitions was 14 days before the meeting, and no petitions have been received.
This report seeks Leader approval to transfer the executive decision functions from Local and Joint Committees (LC/JCs) delegated by the Leader, with effect from 11 October 2022.
The report sets out the process and timescale for the transfer of these functions and the alternative decision-making processes which are to be put in place.
1. That the transfer of the remaining Local and Joint Committee Executive Functions delegated by the Leader with effect from 11 October 2022 be agreed.
2. That the approval of changes to library opening hours are delegated to the Cabinet Member for Communities and Community Safety, or to officers where appropriate, with effect from 11 October 2022 be agreed.
3. That the executive functions previously delegated by the Leader to Local and Joint Committees relating to Community Safety and Youth Provision are incorporated within the general service delegations to officers, and advisory functions are removed, due to service, commissioning and policy changes, to bring the constitution into line with current practice, with effect from 11 October 2022 be agreed.
4. That the Director of Law and Governance, in consultation with the Leader of the Council, make the relevant changes to the Council’s Constitution including to the Executive and Officer Scheme of delegation as set out within this report.
5. It was noted that a report will be put to full Council on 11 October 2022 recommending transferring the non-executive functions of Public Rights of Way (PROW), the ceasing of the Local Committees, and serving notice of Council’s intention to withdraw from the Joint Committees.
6. That the Director of Law and Governance be requested to work in conjunction with Democratic Services officers from Guildford, Runnymede, Woking, and Spelthorne Borough Councils regarding the notice and in updating their respective constitutions.