Venue: Members' Conference Room, County Hall, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DN
Contact: Joss Butler
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Apologies were received from Chris Botten.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests from Members in respect of any item to be considered at the meeting.
· In line with the Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012, declarations may relate to the interest of the member, or the member’s spouse or civil partner, or a person with whom the member is living as husband or wife, or a person with whom the member is living as if they were civil partners and the member is aware they have the interest.
· Members need only disclose interests not currently listed on the Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests.
· Members must notify the Monitoring Officer of any interests disclosed at the meeting so they may be added to the Register.
· Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest.
EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC
Recommendation: That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information under paragraph 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
PART TWO – IN PRIVATE
RESOLVED: That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information under paragraph 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
Senior Appointment of Director of Procurement
The People, Performance and Development is asked to proceed with interviewing for the post of Director of Procurement. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Committee. The Committee will then discuss and, if appropriate appoint to the role of Director of Procurement. This recommendation is subject to the notification of every Member of the Cabinet of the proposed appointment and their right of objection specified in the notification.
Declarations of interest:
Leigh Whitehouse, Executive Director of Resources
Monika Mullaney, HR&OD Representative
Joss Butler, Committee Manager
Key points raised during the discussion:
1. The interviews were conducted by a Sub-Committee of the People, Performance and Development Committee for the position of Director of Procurement. During the interviews, Members asked a series of set questions.
2. Following the end of the interviews, Members discussed the performance of the candidate in detail and agreed that Darren Cox demonstrated the skills and experience necessary to be Director of Procurement
Actions/ further information to be provided:
The People, Performance and Development Committee agreed to appoint Darren Cox to the role Director of Procurement
PUBLICITY FOR PART TWO ITEMS
To consider whether the item considered under Part 2 of the agenda should be made available to the Press and public.