Venue: Room G44, County Hall, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DN
Contact: Andrew Baird 0208 541 7609
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND SUBSTITUTIONS
There were none.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests from Members in respect of any item to be considered at the meeting.
· In line with the Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012, declarations may relate to the interest of the member, or the member’s spouse or civil partner, or a person with whom the member is living as husband or wife, or a person with whom the member is living as if they were civil partners and the member is aware they have the interest.
· Members need only disclose interests not currently listed on the Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests.
· Members must notify the Monitoring Officer of any interests disclosed at the meeting so they may be added to the Register.
· Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest.
There were none.
EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC
Recommendation: That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information under paragraph 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
PART TWO – IN PRIVATE
Appointment of Director of Engagement
The People, Performance and Development is asked to proceed with interviewing for the post of Director of Engagement.
The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Committee. The Committee will then discuss and, if appropriate appoint to the role of Director of Engagement. This recommendation is subject to the notification of every Member of the Cabinet of the proposed appointment and their right of objection specified in the notification.
Declarations of interest:
Andrew Baird, Democratic Service Officer
Michael Coughlin, Executive Director of Customer, Digital and Transformation
Jackie Foglietta, Interim Head of HR & OD
Joanna Killian, Chief Executive
Key points raised during the discussion:
1. An Interview was conducted by a Sub-Committee of the People, Performance and Development Committee for the position of Director of Engagement for Surrey County Council. During the interview, the candidate delivered a presentation to the Committee after which Members asked a series of questions on the presentation. The candidate then responded to a number of set questions asked by the Committee.
2. Following the end of the interview, Members discussed the performance of the candidate in detail and concluded that they hadn’t demonstrated the skills and experience necessary to be Director of Engagement at Surrey County Council.
Actions/ further information to be provided:
The People, Performance and Development Committee did not appoint the candidate to the role Director of Engagement and agreed to restart the process of recruiting a new Director of Engagement for Surrey County Council.
PUBLICITY FOR PART TWO ITEMS
To consider whether the item considered under Part 2 of the agenda should be made available to the Press and public.
It was agreed that the information in relation to the Part 2 items discussed at the meeting would remain exempt.