Venue: Committee Room B - County Hall. View directions
Contact: Huma Younis
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
All Members present are required to declare, at this point in the meeting or as soon as possible thereafter
i. Any disclosable pecuniary interests and / or
ii. Other interests arising under the Code of Conduct in respect of any item(s) of business being considered at this meeting
· Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest
· As well as an interest of the Member, this includes any interest, of which the Member is aware, that relates to the Member’s spouse or civil partner (or any person with whom the Member is living as a spouse or civil partner)
· Members with a significant personal interest may participate in the discussion and vote on that matter unless that interest could be reasonably regarded as prejudicial.
The deadline for Members’ questions is 12pm four working days before the meeting (25 September 2018).
The deadline for public questions is seven days before the meeting (24 September 2018).
The deadline for petitions was 14 days before the meeting, and no petitions have been received.
The local authority must consult on any changes it wishes to make to the admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools for 2020. Consultation must run for at least six weeks between 1 October 2018 and 31 January 2019 and admission arrangements for 2020 must be determined by 28 February 2019. The local authority must also consult on its Relevant Area every two years.
This report seeks authorisation to proceed to consultation on the following:
· Wallace Fields Junior School – assessment of each child’s nearest school and home to school distance to be calculated according to the nearest of either Wallace Fields Infant or Wallace Fields Junior school (paragraphs 6-17).
· The admission of children previously in state care outside England (paragraphs 18-24).
· Surrey’s Relevant Area (paragraphs 25-26).
The Cabinet Member authorised the Principal Manager Admissions and Transport (Strategy) to go out to statutory consultation on the proposed changes to admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools for September 2020 and also to consult on its proposed Relevant Area.