Venue: Members' Conference Room, County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 2DN
Contact: Joss Butler
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
All Members present are required to declare, at this point in the meeting or as soon as possible thereafter
i. Any disclosable pecuniary interests and / or
ii. Other interests arising under the Code of Conduct in respect of any item(s) of business being considered at this meeting
· Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest
· As well as an interest of the Member, this includes any interest, of which the Member is aware, that relates to the Member’s spouse or civil partner (or any person with whom the Member is living as a spouse or civil partner)
· Members with a significant personal interest may participate in the discussion and vote on that matter unless that interest could be reasonably regarded as prejudicial.
The deadline for Members’ questions is 12pm four working days before the meeting (04/03/2020).
The deadline for public questions is seven days before the meeting (03/03/2020).
The deadline for petitions was 14 days before the meeting, and no petitions have been received.
Surrey County Council, in partnership with the Diocese of Guildford and the Governing Bodies of Christ Church C of E Infant School and Englefield Green Infant School and Nurseries, have consulted on a proposal to open a new school by amalgamating the two schools into a single institution from September 2020. It is proposed that the new school would be a voluntary aided school and would be situated on the existing site of Englefield Green Infant School and Nurseries.
In order to amalgamate Christ Church C of E Infant School and Englefield Green Infant School and Nurseries:
1. Surrey County Council and the governing body of Christ Church C of E Infant School are proposing the closure of Christ Church C of E Infant School
2. Surrey County Council and the governing body of Englefield Green Infant School and Nurseries are proposing the closure of Englefield Green Infant School and Nurseries
3. The Diocese of Guildford is proposing the opening of a new voluntary aided school and nursery with Church of England character under section 11 of the Education and Inspection Act 2006 on the site of Englefield Green Infant School and Nurseries
The Cabinet Member for All Age Learning is asked to review summary of the evidence in the report and the consultation analysis and determine whether to proceed with the publication of statutory notices.
1. The Lead Cabinet Member for All Age Learning approved the publication of statutory notices
2. Following approval, Surrey County Council will publish statutory notices to close Christ Church C of E Infant School and Englefield Green Infant School and Nurseries at the same time as the Diocese of Guildford publish related statutory notice to open a new voluntary aided infant school on the site at Englefield Green Infant School and Nurseries.