1. That commitment to the Adult Social Care Accommodation with Care and Support Strategy as approved by Cabinet on 30 October 2018 was reaffirmed.
2. Cabinet endorsed its ambition to deliver:
a. sufficient units of affordable extra care housing to reduce the council’s reliance on traditional residential and nursing care over the next ten years; and
b. sufficient additional units of independent living to support people with a learning disability and/or autism over the next five years.
3. That the existing pipeline schemes that have been identified as suitable for extra care housing:
a. are assessed against the criteria and the process set out in the Asset and Place Strategy; and
b. have full business cases developed and submitted to Cabinet for consideration and (if appropriate) approval at its meeting in October 2019, was agreed.
4. That the use of available delegated powers to acquire individual units in existing or new developments, and for larger acquisitions to be brought forward to Cabinet for approval was endorsed.
5. That the overall programme be included in the budget report and capital programme to be brought forward in January 2020 was agreed.
6. That all other existing vacant sites be reviewed in accordance with the Asset and Place Strategy for their potential development as extra care or independent living accommodation, and that suitable sites were brought forward to Cabinet for approval once the business case was developed be agreed.
7. That a dedicated team be resourced within Adult Social Care to deliver the project in line with the Accommodation with Care and Support Strategy was agreed.
Reason for Decision:
To ensure the Council delivers its Accommodation with Care and Support Strategy and Community Vision for Surrey 2030.
[The decisions on this item can be called in by the Adults & Health Select Committee]