The Colne Valley Park is managed by a Community Interest Company (CIC) which represents the interests of everyone who lives, works and plays in the Colne Valley.
The Colne Valley Park Community Interest Company (CIC) is responsible for implementing the 6 objectives of the Park, which are:
1. To maintain and enhance the landscape, historic environment and waterscape of the park in terms of their scenic and conservation value and their overall amenity.
2. To safeguard the countryside of the Park from inappropriate development. Where development is permissible it will encourage the highest possible standards of design.
3. To conserve and enhance biodiversity within the Park through the protection and management of its species, habitats and geological features
4. To provide opportunities for countryside recreation and ensure that facilities are accessible to all
5. To achieve a vibrant and sustainable rural economy, including farming and forestry, underpinning the value of the countryside
6. To encourage community participation including volunteering and environmental education. To promote the health and social well-being benefits that access to high quality green space brings.
Colne Valley Park Visitor Centre
Denham Court Drive