The Charity was established in the late nineteenth century (1893) to provide an education to children of the working class; especially girls. Margaret Pope herself was the daughter of a wealthy local family. She originally established a school in Thames Street, Staines but this became redundant with the passing of the various early 20th century education acts. The building was sold and the Charity concerned itself with awarding prizes and grants for various educational needs.
21 Clifford Grove
Phone: 01784 257647