The Surrey Heathland Partnership has been looking after lowland heathland sites for over 25 years. They work with a wide range of partners, clients and parish councils to manage the valuable heaths across the county and into the southeast of England.
The major role of the Surrey Heathland Partnership is contract management. The team's first hand extensive knowledge of heathland management helps to ensure work is delivered by contractors to the highest standard and at competitive prices.
· They work to raise awareness of heathland and promote its value to local communities (residents and companies)
· They provide best practice/specialist guidance to heathland owners and managers
· They assist with grant applications and preparing management plans
· They organise and run practical land management work, working in close contact with approved countryside contractors
· They run/manage grazing programmes on some heathland sites for our partner authorities
The heathland countryside management service is core funded by Surrey County Council (host authority) and three borough councils: Guildford BC, Waverley BC and Woking BC.