Agenda, decisions and minutes

Guildford Joint Committee
Wednesday, 19 September 2018 7.00 pm

Venue: Council Chamber, Guildford Borough Council, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford GU2 4BB

Contact: Joanna Long  Partnership Committee Officer

Items
No. Item

Open Forum pdf icon PDF 38 KB

The questions and responses given during the open forum are annexed to the minutes.

1/18

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCES

2/18

MINUTES FROM PREVIOUS MEETING pdf icon PDF 89 KB

3/18

CHAIRMAN/VICE-CHAIRMAN'S WELCOME TO THE JOINT COMMITTEE & NEW MEMBERS

    The Chairman would like to welcome everyone to the new Surrey County Council and Guildford Borough Council Joint Committee. The Guildford Joint Committee (JC) was established on 24 July 2018 following successful votes at Guildford Borough Council on 24 July and Surrey County Council on 26 June 2018. The JC will operate in place of the previous Local Committee.

     

    The JC will speed up decision making, and strengthen local democracy. The closer working permitted by these new arrangement will allow both authorities to jointly respond on local issues. The JC will have an extended remit including areas such as air quality and emergency planning and will be reviewed after 12 months.

    Minutes:

    The Chairman welcomed everyone to the new Surrey County Council and Guildford Borough Council Joint Committee.  He explained that the Joint Committee (JC) would operate in place of the previous Local Committee. The JC would speed up decision making, and strengthen local democracy. The Chairman also welcomed the Managing Director of Guildford Borough Council (GBC) to the meeting and added that this showed the importance placed on the Joint Committee by GBC.

     

    The Chairman thanked previous officers John Hilder Area Highways Manager, Surrey County Council (SCC), and Kevin Mckee Parking Manager GBC for their support and stated that he was delighted to say that Frank Apicella had been confirmed as the new Area Highways Manager SCC, Andy Harkin as the new Parking Manager GBC and that Chris Wheeler Waste and Fleet Services Manager GBC had taken parking under his remit.

     

    The Chairman also thanked Michelle Collins Partnership Lead for the West who was on extended leave for her support  and welcomed Sarah Smith who would be covering this role for the next year.

4/18

DECISION TRACKER [FOR INFORMATION] pdf icon PDF 79 KB

5/18

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

    All Members present are required to declare, at this point in the meeting or as soon as possible thereafter

    (i) Any disclosable pecuniary interests and / or

    (ii) Other interests arising under the Code of Conduct in respect of any item(s) of business being considered at this meeting

    NOTES:

    • Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest

    • As well as an interest of the Member, this includes any interest, of which the Member is aware, that relates to the Member’s spouse or civil partner (or any person with whom the Member is living as a spouse or civil partner)

    • Members with a significant personal interest may participate in the discussion and vote on that matter unless that interest could be reasonably regarded as prejudicial

    Minutes:

    Borough Cllr David Wright and County Cllr Keith Taylor both declared a non-pecuniary interest as trustees of the Friends of Hurtwood charity in relation to Public Rights of Way items 9 and 10 on the agenda.  The Chairman stated that the report referred to Hurtwood Control which was the previous name of the charity although the charity hadn’t not made any representations in the Rights of Way reports.

     

    County Cllrs David and Angela Goodwin declared non-pecuniary interests in Area B controlled parking zone, Parking items 11 and 12 of the agenda.

6/18

PETITIONS pdf icon PDF 1 MB

    To receive any petitions in accordance with Standing Order 65. An officer response will be provided to each petition.

     

    One petition has been received from Mr Max Jamieson:

     

    The petition requests the installation of a modal filter on Denzil Road in Guildford to prevent cut-through motor traffic.

    Additional documents:

    Minutes:

    Declarations of Interest: None

     

     

    Officers attending: Frank Apicella, Area Highways Manager

     

     

    Petitions, Public Questions, Statements: One petition had been received from Mr Max Jamieson requesting the installation of a modal filter on Denzil Road in Guildford to prevent cut-through motor traffic.

     

    The Petition wording and officer response were included in the supplementary agenda pack.

     

    Mr Jamieson spoke to the petition summarising the points he had made in the petition wording.

     

    Member discussion - key points:

     

    Members thanked Mr Jamieson for his hard work in putting the scheme together and were supportive of the sustainability principles within it.  Cllr David Goodwin offered his support and stated he may be able to put some of his Members Allocation funding toward the scheme.

     

    The Area Highways Manager explained that such as scheme would require investigation, formal consultation, putting in traffic regulation orders and looking at alternative routes for waste collection etc, he would come back to the 12 December committee with a response.

     

    The Joint Committee (Guildford) noted the officer’s comment.

7/18

PUBLIC QUESTIONS

8/18

MEMBER QUESTIONS pdf icon PDF 82 KB

    To receive any written questions from Members under Standing Order 47.

     

    One Member question has been received from Borough Cllr Adrian Chandler:

     

    Could the officers from both SCC and GBC please look into replacing the Unrestricted Parking bays in Wilderness Road from the corner with Ellis Avenue to No. 14 Wilderness Road with bays which are 4 hours maximum restriction. Residents find these bays taken up by cars parked there for days, tradesmen and commuters all day and other long stay owners. This makes it difficult for residents with short stay visitors, ease of access and makes the bus route difficult.

     

     

     

    Minutes:

    Declarations of Interest: None

     

     

    Officers attending: Andy Harkin Parking Manager GBC, Chris Wheeler Waste and Fleet Services Manager GBC

     

     

    Petitions, Public Questions, Statements:

     

    One Member question had been received from Borough Cllr Adrian Chandler requesting that officers look into replacing the Unrestricted Parking bays in Wilderness Road from the corner with Ellis Avenue to No. 14 Wilderness Road with bays which are 4 hours maximum restriction.

     

    The question and officer response were included in the supplementary agenda pack.

     

     

    Member discussion - Key Points:

     

    Cllr Chandler asked a supplementary question, he thanked the parking team and the residents that had put the petition together.  He stated that a change to 4 hours maximum restriction bays could easily be made without much impact on surrounding areas. He asked given this new information could this be given more consideration and possibly be done sooner rather than later.

     

    The Joint Committee (Guildford) noted the officer’s comment.

     

9/18

ALLEGED PUBLIC FOOTPATH BETWEEN PUBLIC FOOTPATH 180 AND PUBLIC BRIDLEWAY 181 SHERE (OTHER COUNTY COUNCIL FUNCTION) pdf icon PDF 125 KB

    The County Council has a duty under Section 53 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (WCA1981) to modify the Definitive Map and Statement (DMS) if it discovers evidence which can be reasonably alleged to support a modification. An application has been received for a Map Modification Order (MMO) to add a public footpath between Public Footpath No.180 (Shere) and Public Bridleway No.181 (Shere).  It is considered that the evidence is not sufficient to reasonably allege that the public have a right of way over the claimed route.

    Additional documents:

    Minutes:

    Declarations of Interest: Borough Cllr David Wright and County Cllr Keith Taylor both declared a non-pecuniary interest as trustees of the Friends of Hurtwood charity and left the room for the duration of the discussion on Item 9.

     

    The Vice-Chairman chaired the meeting for items 9 and 10.

     

    Officers attending: Catherine Valiant Countryside Access Officer SCC

     

     

    Petitions, Public Questions, Statements: None

     

    Member discussion - key points:

     

    An application has been received for a Map Modification Order (MMO) to add a public footpath between Public Footpath No.180 (Shere) and Public Bridleway No.181 (Shere). 

     

    The officer’s recommendation was supported unanimously by members of the committee.

     

    Resolved:

     

    The Local Committee (Guildford) agreed that:

     

    The application to record a public footpath as described above be turned down.

     

    Reasons:

     

    The County Council has a duty under Section 53 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (WCA1981) to modify the Definitive Map and Statement (DMS) if it discovers evidence which on balance supports a modification.

     

    In this instance the evidence submitted by the landowner shows a lack of intention to dedicate a right of way between points A and B that is sufficient to negate the claim of long user by members of the public. In addition the nature of the land between B and C is such that a public right of way could not be acquired, regardless of the frequency or length of that use.

10/18

ALLEGED PUBLIC FOOTPATH BETWEEN PUBLIC FOOTPATH 174 (SHERE) AND PUBLIC BYWAY 512 (SHERE) (OTHER COUNTY COUNCIL FUNCTION) pdf icon PDF 108 KB

    The County Council has a duty under Section 53 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (WCA1981) to modify the Definitive Map and Statement (DMS) if it discovers evidence which can be reasonably alleged to support a modification. An application has been received for a Map Modification Order (MMO) to add a public footpath between Public Footpath 174 (Shere) and Public Byway 512 (Shere).  It is considered that the designation of the land is such that no rights of way could be recorded over it through long use.

    Additional documents:

    Minutes:

    Declarations of Interest: Borough Cllr David Wright and County Cllr Keith Taylor both declared a non-pecuniary interest as trustees of the Friends of Hurtwood charity and left the room for the duration of the discussion on Item 10.

     

    The Vice-Chairman chaired the meeting for items 9 and 10.

     

     

    Officers attending: Catherine Valiant Countryside Access Officer SCC

     

     

    Petitions, Public Questions, Statements: None

     

    Member discussion - key points:

     

    An application had been received for a Map Modification Order (MMO) to add a public footpath between Public Footpath 174 (Shere) and Public Byway 512 (Shere). 

     

    The officer’s recommendation was supported unanimously by members of the committee.

     

    Resolved:

     

    The Joint Committee (Guildford) agreed that:

     

    The application to record a public footpath as described above be turned down.

     

    Reasons:

     

    The County Council has a duty under Section 53 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (WCA1981) to modify the Definitive Map and Statement (DMS) if it discovers evidence which on balance supports a modification.  In this instance the nature of the land is such that a public right of way could not be acquired through use, regardless of the frequency or length of that use.

11/18

GUILDFORD BOROUGH COUNCIL OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY ON-STREET PARKING (EXECUTIVE FUNCTION FOR DECISION) pdf icon PDF 140 KB

    The Overview and Scrutiny Committee (OSC) report reviews on-street parking controls and enforcement, considers a number of parking management issues in the Borough, and proposes actions to address them. 

     

    The OSC’s report puts forward eleven recommendations for consideration and approval by the Joint Committee.  Rather than recommend detailed, small-scale changes, the OSC has aimed for strategic proposals to improve on-street parking for the Borough’s residents.  (Guildford Borough Council’s Parking Officers provide a further response to the OSC proposals within the agenda item ‘Guildford On-Street Parking Review and Scoping Report’.)

    Additional documents:

    Decision:

    The Joint Committee (Guildford) agreed to:

     

    Acknowledge the recommendations of the Guildford Borough Council Overview & Scrutiny Committee On-Street Parking Review and refer them to the new Parking and Air Quality Working Group (please refer to Item 12 Guildford On-Street Parking Review and Scoping Report Recommendation (ii), b)

     

    Reasons:

     

    To reduce the pressure on residents’ parking, provide a more equitable outcome for residents, and further improve the Borough’s parking management.

    Minutes:

    Declarations of Interest: County Cllrs David and Angela Goodwin declared non-pecuniary interests in Area B controlled parking zone.

     

    Officers attending: Andy Harkin Parking Manager GBC and Chris Wheeler Waste and Fleet Services Manager GBC

     

     

    Petitions, Public Questions, Statements: Item 8 Member Question.

     

    Member discussion - key points:

     

    The Overview and Scrutiny Committee (OSC) report reviewed on-street parking controls and enforcement, considered a number of parking management issues in the Borough, and proposed actions to address them. 

     

    Chairman asked members particularly County members if they were happy with the recommendations in principle. County Cllr David Goodwin thanked the other members of the Overview and Scrutiny (O/S) task group and the officers involved.

     

    O/S Members were happy with the parking officers comments in the report and the small suggested changes to the recommendations.

     

    Members queried the length of time and the amount of work entailed in some of the recommendations. Members also asked if the recommendations were structured differently would that change the workload involved. The Parking officers stated that changing parking controls would involve large fundamental changes however there maybe opportunities for quick wins but the recommendations need to be looked at holistically in the remit of the full review. Officers commented that wider prioritisation  needed to take place.

     

    Members asked what had brought about the change to parking budget. The officers replied that the Parking business plan would deal with this at the December Committee.

     

    The Chairman proposed a new recommendation which members were in agreement with.

     

    The Joint Committee (Guildford) agreed to:

     

    Acknowledge the recommendations of the Guildford Borough Council Overview & Scrutiny Committee On-Street Parking Review and refer them to the new Parking and Air Quality Working Group (please refer to Item 12 Guildford On-Street Parking Review and Scoping Report Recommendation (ii), b)

     

    Reasons:

     

    To reduce the pressure on residents’ parking, provide a more equitable outcome for residents, and further improve the Borough’s parking management.

12/18

GUILDFORD ON-STREET PARKING REVIEW AND SCOPING REPORT (EXECUTIVE FUNCTION FOR DECISION) pdf icon PDF 139 KB

    As part of the Guildford Parking strategy, a Parking review is conducted every 18 months. This report presents the issues that have been raised to date and recommends the actions and next steps. 

    Additional documents:

    Decision:

     

    The Guildford Joint Committee agreed: 

     

    (i)            to formally advertise Surrey County Council’s intention to make an order to give effect to proposals at the following locations:

     

    a.    Merrow Street Merrow Resident Association and residents report that cars parked on both sides because of chicanes and access issues, especially for emergency or large vehicles. When entering Merrow Street from Epsom Road you are immediately on the wrong side of the road. Double yellow lines are too short and need to be extended. Controls are required.  (Development plan for Merrow Street in ANNEXE 4).

     

    b.    Hareward Road – Non-residents, mainly construction vehicles from Dial a truck, park on crest of the hill causing drivers to go round bend on wrong side of road and at times meet oncoming traffic. Obstruction of road and visibility causing Hazard. (Development plan for Harewood Road in ANNEXE 5).

     

    c.    Stoughton Road – Stoughton residents experience problems with blocked driveways, especially on drop-off and pick-up times for school. Parking on both sides and close to the junction causes visibility issues and problems turning or passing. Controls are required. (Development plan for Stoughton Road in ANNEXE 6).

     

    d.    Stoughton Road – Stoughton, an existing disabled bay outside Nos. 313/315, is no longer required as resident moved away. Plan to convert bay to free unrestricted parking place. (Development plan for Stoughton Road in ANNEXE 7).

     

    e.    Artillery Terrace – Disabled Bay request made. GBC agreed to advisory disabled bay, which will be formalised in next review. (Development plan for Artillery Terrace in ANNEXE 8).

     

    If any representations are received, they will be considered by the Parking Manager in consultation with the Chairman, Vice Chairman and relevant Local Ward and Divisional Members. If no representations are received, the Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) will be made.

     

    The TRO would involve publishing a public notice, erecting street notices, placing documentation on deposit and writing to those in the immediate vicinity of the proposals.

     

    The above plans are expected to take no more than 12 months to develop using existing resources and the Parking Manager’s delegated powers.

     

    (ii)          To refer the following items for review by the newly established Parking and Air Quality Working Group:

     

    (a)  The retrospective exclusion of new residential developments of 6 dwellings or more, in the controlled parking zone areas A, B, C and D, from accessing the permit scheme to ensure demand does not further outstrip supply. See section 2.8 (ii). 

    (b)  to review the recommendations from the Guildford Borough Council Overview & Scrutiny (O&S) Committee in conjunction with comments made in section 6 relating to the additional resources and extended timetable to achieve a positive outcome.  The recommendations are as follows and shown at ANNEXE 1).

     

     

    O&S Committee Recommendations

    A

    Parking controls in Area A, B, D and northern section of Area C, be extended to operate 8.30am to 9pm, 7 days a week

    B

    Free limited waiting shared use bays within Area A, B and the northern section of Area C, be changed to  ...  view the full decision text for item 12/18

    Minutes:

    Declarations of Interest: County Cllrs David and Angela Goodwin declared non-pecuniary interests in Area B controlled parking zone.

     

    Officers attending: Andy Harkin Parking Manager GBC and Chris Wheeler Waste and Fleet Services Manager GBC

     

     

    Petitions, Public Questions, Statements: Item 8 Member Question.

     

    Member discussion - key points:

     

    As part of the Guildford Parking strategy, a Parking review is conducted every 18 months. The report presented the issues that had been raised to date and recommended the actions and next steps. 

     

    Members were in agreement with the small changes to the recommendations proposed by the Parking officers.

     

    The Guildford Joint Committee agreed: 

     

    (i)            to formally advertise Surrey County Council’s intention to make an order to give effect to proposals at the following locations:

     

    a.    Merrow Street Merrow Resident Association and residents report that cars parked on both sides because of chicanes and access issues, especially for emergency or large vehicles. When entering Merrow Street from Epsom Road you are immediately on the wrong side of the road. Double yellow lines are too short and need to be extended. Controls are required.  (Development plan for Merrow Street in ANNEXE 4).

     

    b.    Hareward Road – Non-residents, mainly construction vehicles from Dial a truck, park on crest of the hill causing drivers to go round bend on wrong side of road and at times meet oncoming traffic. Obstruction of road and visibility causing Hazard. (Development plan for Harewood Road in ANNEXE 5).

     

    c.    Stoughton Road – Stoughton residents experience problems with blocked driveways, especially on drop-off and pick-up times for school. Parking on both sides and close to the junction causes visibility issues and problems turning or passing. Controls are required. (Development plan for Stoughton Road in ANNEXE 6).

     

    d.    Stoughton Road – Stoughton, an existing disabled bay outside Nos. 313/315, is no longer required as resident moved away. Plan to convert bay to free unrestricted parking place. (Development plan for Stoughton Road in ANNEXE 7).

     

    e.    Artillery Terrace – Disabled Bay request made. GBC agreed to advisory disabled bay, which will be formalised in next review. (Development plan for Artillery Terrace in ANNEXE 8).

     

    If any representations were received, they will be considered by the Parking Manager in consultation with the Chairman, Vice Chairman and relevant Local Ward and Divisional Members. If no representations are received, the Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) will be made.

     

    The TRO would involve publishing a public notice, erecting street notices, placing documentation on deposit and writing to those in the immediate vicinity of the proposals.

     

    The above plans are expected to take no more than 12 months to develop using existing resources and the Parking Manager’s delegated powers.

     

    (ii)          To refer the following items for review by the newly established Parking and Air Quality Working Group:

     

    (a)  The retrospective exclusion of new residential developments of 6 dwellings or more, in the controlled parking zone areas A, B, C and D, from accessing the permit scheme to ensure demand does not further outstrip supply. See section 2.8 (ii).  ...  view the full minutes text for item 12/18

13/18

HIGHWAYS UPDATE (EXECUTIVE FUNCTION FOR DECISION) pdf icon PDF 139 KB

    This report provides an update on the 2018/19 programme of highway improvement and maintenance works funded by this committee, an update on other centrally funded projects being promoted in the local area, as well as details of the budgets allocated to the committee in 2018/19 and recommendations on expenditure of the same. It also includes a proposal to reduce the speed limit on the A320 Woking Road/Guildford Road to improve road safety.

    Additional documents:

    Decision:

    The Guildford Joint Committee agreed:

     

    (i)    To note the committee approved list of works being progressed during 2018/19 as identified in Annex 1 and to ensure that any further allocations from the individual member Highway fund are made by the 31st October 2018.

     

    (ii)  To resolve to reduce the speed limit from the national speed limit to 50mph along the A320 Woking Road section (in Guildford) and to advertise the making of a traffic order as detailed in paragraph 2.3 and shown in Annex 2.

     

    Reasons:

     

               To enable early progression of works orders. Any funding not allocated by the 1st October 2018 will be prioritised by the Guildford Maintenance Engineer to ensure funding is not lost.

     

               increase road safety along the A320

    Minutes:

    Declarations of Interest: None

     

     

    Officers attending: Frank Apicella, Area Highways Manager

     

     

    Petitions, Public Questions, Statements: None

     

     

    Member discussion - key points:

     

    The report provided an update on the 2018/19 programme of highway improvement and maintenance works funded by the committee, an update on other centrally funded projects being promoted in the local area, as well as details of the budgets allocated to the committee in 2018/19 and recommendations on expenditure of the same. It also included a proposal to reduce the speed limit on the A320 Woking Road/Guildford Road to improve road safety.

     

    The Area Highways Manager updated Members that in paragraph 2.6.1of the report the Onslow Street / Bridge Street construction of the road tables for this improved pedestrian crossing point scheme would now start on 2 October.  Works on Farnham Road Rail Bridge would be carried out during Christmas 2018 and Christmas 2019 when Network Rail have track possession.

     

    The officer also updated that the North Street resurfacing and safety scheme is still programmed for qtr 4 between December and March 2018/19.

     

    It was commented that the reason for non-compliance of the current 60mph along the A320 Woking Road section was thought to be due to confusion about the ‘national speed limit applies sign’.

     

    Members requested that the date in recommendation (i) be changed from 1 Oct to 31 Oct following the SCC Leader’s decision to change the deadline for the individual member Highway fund. The Committee were in agreement with this proposal.

     

     

    The Guildford Joint Committee agreed:

     

    (i)    To note the committee approved list of works being progressed during 2018/19 as identified in Annex 1 and to ensure that any further allocations from the individual member Highway fund are made by the 31st October 2018.

     

    (ii)  To resolve to reduce the speed limit from the national speed limit to 50mph along the A320 Woking Road section (in Guildford) and to advertise the making of a traffic order as detailed in paragraph 2.3 and shown in Annex 2.

     

    Reasons:

     

               To enable early progression of works orders. Any funding not allocated by the 1st October 2018 will be prioritised by the Guildford Maintenance Engineer to ensure funding is not lost.

     

               increase road safety along the A320

14/18

FORWARD PLAN pdf icon PDF 52 KB

15/18

REPRESENTATION ON NEW WORKING GROUPS (EXECUTIVE FUNCTION) pdf icon PDF 86 KB

    This report seeks to establish a Parking and Air Quality Working Group and an Infrastructure Delivery and Transportation Working Group to support the Joint Committee and to nominate Members to these groups.

     

    The report will be published as part of a supplementary agenda.

    Additional documents:

    Decision:

    The Guildford Joint Committee agreed that:

     

    (i)    A Parking and Air Quality Working Group be established as set out in the terms of reference in Annex A

     

    (ii)  An Infrastructure Delivery and Transportation Working Group be established as set out in the terms of reference in Annex B

     

    (iii)Members be appointed to theParking and Air Quality Working Group and the Infrastructure Delivery and Transportation Working Group as below:

     

    Infrastructure Delivery and Transportation Working Group

     

    Borough Cllr Paul Spooner (Chairman of the Working Group)

    County Cllr Keith Taylor (Vice-Chairman of the Working Group)

    Borough Cllr Nils Christianson

    County Cllr Matt Furniss

    County Cllr David Goodwin

    County Cllr Julie Iles

    Borough Cllr Tony Phillips

    Borough Cllr Matt Sarti

     

    Parking and Air Quality Working Group

     

    Borough Cllr Paul Spooner (Chairman of the Working Group)

    County Cllr Keith Taylor (Vice-Chairman of the Working Group)

    County Cllr Matt Furniss

    Borough Cllr Nigel Kearse

    Borough Cllr Mike Piper

    Borough Cllr David Reeve

    County Cllr Fiona White

    County Cllr Graham Ellwood

     

    Reasons:

     

    Following the formation of the new Joint Committee it is good governance practice for the Committee to review its working groups and membership arrangements to ensure that representation on groups and partnerships is fair and provides the best outcomes for the interests of Guildford borough residents.

    Minutes:

    Declarations of Interest: None

     

     

    Officers attending: Joanna Long Partnership and Committee Officer

     

     

    Petitions, Public Questions, Statements: None

     

     

    Member discussion - key points:

     

    The report sought to establish a Parking and Air Quality Working Group and an Infrastructure Delivery and Transportation Working Group to support the Joint Committee and to nominate Members to these groups. 

     

    Cllr Witham stepped down from being a member of the Parking and Air Quality Working Group so that Borough Cllr Graham Ellwood who had air quality under his remit as the GBC Lead Councillor for Licensing, Environmental Health, and Community Safety could sit on the group.

     

    The Vice-Chairman stated that if any members of the Joint Committee wished to attend the working groups they were welcomed to do so and the committee were in agreement with this.

     

     

    The Guildford Joint Committee agreed that:

     

    (i)    A Parking and Air Quality Working Group be established as set out in the terms of reference in Annex A

     

    (ii)  An Infrastructure Delivery and Transportation Working Group be established as set out in the terms of reference in Annex B

     

    (iii)Members be appointed to theParking and Air Quality Working Group and the Infrastructure Delivery and Transportation Working Group as below:

     

    Infrastructure Delivery and Transportation Working Group

     

    Borough Cllr Paul Spooner (Chairman of the Working Group)

    County Cllr Keith Taylor (Vice-Chairman of the Working Group)

    Borough Cllr Nils Christianson

    County Cllr Matt Furniss

    County Cllr David Goodwin

    County Cllr Julie Iles

    Borough Cllr Tony Phillips

    Borough Cllr Matt Sarti

     

    Parking and Air Quality Working Group

     

    Borough Cllr Paul Spooner (Chairman of the Working Group)

    County Cllr Keith Taylor (Vice-Chairman of the Working Group)

    County Cllr Matt Furniss

    Borough Cllr Nigel Kearse

    Borough Cllr Mike Piper

    Borough Cllr David Reeve

    County Cllr Fiona White

    County Cllr Graham Ellwood

     

    Reasons:

     

    Following the formation of the new Joint Committee it is good governance practice for the Committee to review its working groups and membership arrangements to ensure that representation on groups and partnerships is fair and provides the best outcomes for the interests of Guildford borough residents.